ENTREPRENEUR TV | ENTREPRENEUR Newsmakers | PROFESSIONAL SERVICES

Helping LA youth to become entrepreneurs

89070459

4entrepreneur_operationstreetkidz5

Operation Street Kidz, a creative grassroots effort in Los Angeles under the leadership of Commissioner Josof Sanchez is making difference in lives of youth across inner cities of LA. The group recently teamed up with executive producer Baby Bash and directors from Kanye West music videos – “Through the wire” and “Jesus Walks” to bring a rare experience for high school students at Blair High School in Pasadena for students to learn and experience what it takes to be media entrepreneurs..students learnt various facets of film making and also auditioned for a chance to appear on the upcoming music video shoot for Jasmine V produced by Baby Bash.

4entrepreneur.net ( and YCEN Young Creative Entrepreneur Network ) is exploring ways to introduce entrepreneurship among youth in inner cities of Greater Los Angeles. Email us at [email protected] with any feedback, creative suggestions and potential partnership/sponsorship opportunities.

4entrepreneur_operationstreetkidz3.jpg

Students take a break from auditioning for the video shoot..

4entrepreneur_operationstreetkidz4.jpg

Commissioner, Julie Matsumoto from Operation Street Kidz talk to the crew and the team about rehearsing for the shoot

4entrepreneur_operationstreetkidz5.jpg

Corey Jordan, a senior at Blair High has a dream of making a career in entertainment, but focuses on finishing school, wants to play basketball for Texas…

Start Slide Show with PicLens Lite PicLens

Tags: , , , , , ,

15 Responses to “Helping LA youth to become entrepreneurs”

1. Julie Matsumoto says:

Hi Jay,

Thank you for including our project on your website! I ran across it unexpectedly through Twitter. Your website is really great! We have a great group of artists, also from Blair and Pasadena High School, who painted a beautiful backdrop for one of the scenes in the music video. They are interested in developing a clothing line…looking forward to reading more about youth entrepreneurship.
    Thanks again,
    Julie

2. Tony & Myra Searight says:

Keep up the good work with the youth.
    Love to speak with your kids about “INVESTING AND GIVING BACK!”

“A Father Teaching Kids To Invest And Give Back!”
    Searight Investments,Education, & Entertainment For Youth

3. Corey Jordan says:

Hey Jay i want to thank u so much for what you are for me and for everyone.I want to I’m hoping to be able to work wit u more and I’m hoping to make my dreams come true

4. Tanisone Singhanate says:

Hey this is one of the Producer’s Assistant from the music vid. And me and one of my friends are the only two from Woodrow Wilson Middle School, and i have to say it was really fun helping make this.

5. Sebastian Jordan says:

I was a director’s assistant from the music video. I was the other one from Woodrow Wilson Middle School, and i just wanted to thank all of you for giving me such a great oppurtunity. I had a great time doing it. Thanks.

6. Jay says:

keep up the entrepreneurial spirit! Join Young creative entrepreneur network – YCEN – http://ycen.fliggo.com/

Join the group, upload your creative videos.send me feedback

7. aliyah grim says:

Hi Jasmine thankyou so much for including me in your first music video. It was a memory that I’ll never forget and will cherish forever. Your my bestie forever and I can’t wait to help you more with your career.see you later.

8. Michelle Moreno says:

Hey was up im michelle i went to your video shoot and it was really cool, i just wanted to say thank you for this opportunity that you gave all the students from Washington school

9. Sandra Garcia says:

Hi my name is sandra Garcia.I am 14 years old I attend washington Middle School.I would like to be involved with operation street kids until the end.I Would like to show my talent.I will like to continue working with talented people and operation sreet kids.Working with talented people and operation street kids was an experience for me becouse i learned alot of stuff on making a video.Our next step will be to plan the premiere of the music video and the behind the scenes documentary.We will be looking for corporate sponsors who would like to give kids an opportunity to be successful in their lives.IF INTERESTED PLEASE Contact me at SANDRA GARCIA.

10. rogelio beltran says:

It was a great experince & i thank everyone
    & also im working on my music career
    check it

11. Arthur Toumanian says:

it was a fun day what can I say,

especially if worked with the DP

like I did

12. mcorrea says:

Jojo Sanchez is a true treasure and living legend within the inner cities of our nation. For decades, he has touched countless thousands, bringing love, hope and understanding to struggling youth & parents. I have witnessed the power of his efforts firsthand and am living proof of the value of his service. I love you Jojo! Mcorrea.

13. Dave says:

Does anyone know how to get a hold of Brother JoJo?

14. Mel Fleming II, PhD says:

JoJo Sanchez a treasure? If so then he should be as all treasures. Buried deep in the ground.

15. Sorin Lassmann says:

We offer fresh cut bank instrument for lease/sale, such as BG, SBLC, MTN, Bank Bonds, Bank Draft, T strips and others. Leased Instruments can be obtained at minimal expense to the borrower compared to other banking options. This offer is opened to both individuals and corporate bodies.

Description of Instrument:
    1.Instrument: Bank Guarantee (BG)/SBLC
    2.Total Face Value: MINIMUM 1MILLION EURO/USD – MAXIMUM 100BILLION EURO/USD
    3.Issuing Bank: HSBC London or AA rated Bank in Western Europe or USA.
    4.Term: One Year, One Month
    5.Leasing Price: 5% of Face Value plus 0.5% Lessor agent [Closed] & X% Lessee agent (open)
    6.Delivery: SWIFT TO SWIFT
    7.Payment: WIRE TRANSFER
    8.Hard Copy: Bonded Courier within 7 banking days.

Thank you.
    Sorin Lassmann
    For further inquiries:
    Contact:
    Skype ID: ls.nicu

• Search

• RSS Entrepreneur

• Is This the Worst Twitter Pitch for Obamacare Ever?
    • To Boost Innovation, Reboot Your Conversations
    • Step Away From the Foosball Table. Financials are Important, Too.
    • How to Make the Most of Your Brand's Social Media Content
    • Forget Setting Goals. Focus on This Instead.
    • A College 'Trep's Plans for 2014
    • Richard Branson on Finding Talented People Who Can Grow Your Business
    • How Staying True to Your Company DNA Can Grow Your Brand
    • Holiday Tipping Guide: Whom to Tip and How Much
    • 5 Social Media Predictions for 2014
  • RSS Forbes Entrepreneurs

• Build The Track, Then Load The Train: One Entrepreneur's Take On Equity Funding
    • Lessons From Bali For WTO And Transatlantic Trade Negotiators
    • Idealab: L.A.'s Vintage Incubator
    • What Do Entrepreneurs Fear Most?
    • How Charitable Giving Can Boost Office Morale While Helping The Community
    • 2014 High Yield Bond Outlook: Volume, Returns Expected To Fall After Stellar 2013
    • Sungy Mobile's President: IPO Riches From Google Play Apps
    • Edward Snowden Is Not 'Person Of The Year'
    • SF-startup Munchery uses sharing economy to make fresh, home-delivered meals affordable
    • Edward Snowden Is Not 'Person Of The Year'
    • Miracle Cure: Driving Patient Satisfaction For Hospital And Healthcare Industry Customers
    • Should You Learn To Code? Six Pros And Cons
    • Companies Are Now Competing For Talent Against Entrepreneurial Talent
    • When Is A 'Fee' Actually A Tax? When Politicians Say It Isn't
    • Leadership Lessons From Scrooge
    • Why Successful CEOs Get Fired
    • Top 10 Fast-Growing Franchise Chains That Powered Through the Recession
    • Dallas Cowboys' Everette Brown Means Business With Tropical Smoothie Franchise
    • $636 Million Lottery Winners In California & Georgia While $40M Winner Gives It All Away
    • Anti-Trafficking Trio Share Passion For Freedom
  • RSS Law & Taxation

• RSS Entertainment

• Paul Walker's Car Accident Was Not Caused By Mechanical Issues, Official Says
    • Michael Jordan And Wife Expecting Identical Twins
    • Art and Music Are Professions Worth Fighting for
    • Celebrity Odd Couples: 68 Pairs You May Be Surprised To Know Were Once An Item
    • The Most Talked About Celebrities Of 2013
    • System of a Down's Serj Tankian: Upgrading the Dynamic of Art and Audience
    • JC Chasez On The *NSYNC Reunion, Justin Timberlake's Elvis Aspirations, And Not Finding Love
    • Olivia Wilde Jokes About Her Pregnancy, Says She's 'More Than Halfway Done'
    • Khloe Kardashian Breaks Her Silence, Calls Divorce 'Heartbreaking And Torture To My Soul'
    • Zach Braff's 'Wish I Was Here' Heads To Sundance
    • Latest 'Doctor Who' Christmas Special Trailer Shows Matt Smith's Farewell
    • Joaquin Phoenix Wanted For Villain Role In Batman-Superman Movie
    • 'Clueless' Stars Talk Brittany Murphy: 'She Had That Spark'
    • 'Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues': Bigger Isn't Better
    • Nothing Says Holiday Season Better Than A Slow-Motion Christmas Tree Explosion (VIDEO)
  • @4entrepreneur Conversations

• 1 In a Seating Chart, Silicon Valley’s Pecking Order dealbook.nytimes.com
    • 1 RT @NewEnglandXpo: RT @ecoentrepreneur: Ask your questions on entrepreneurship, start-ups, PE…www.quora.com #quora
    • 1 Google to Launch Groupon Competitor mashable.com
    • 1 Steve Wozniak on innovation www.huffingtonpost.com
Home :: Our Story :: Forum :: Expert Columns :: Green 101 :: Entrepreneurship 101 :: Subscribe Newsletter :: Contact :: Rss